How we allocate housing
To ensure fairness and equality we aim to house people according to their respective need. No account is taken of race, ethnic or national origin, religion, politics, gender, sexuality, disabilities, age or marital status in the allocation of general housing.
To help us achieve this objective we have joined a common housing register banding system to reflect the housing, social and medical conditions being experienced by applicants. Those in the highest band will be prioritised when being rehoused. Further information on the banding system can be found here:
Are you eligible?
You can apply providing:
- You want to live where we have accomodation, that means in the north eastern, eastern and southern areas of Rhondda Cynon Taf.
- You are over 16 years old;
- Your present accommodation does not meet your needs;
- You do not have the financial means to satisfy your housing requirements;
- You have never been evicted from one of the community housing group's homes nor perpetrated a violent act against one of our staff.
However, you may NOT be eligible if:
- You have ever been convicted of a sex related offence or a crime involvng drugs or violence or have any conviction that, in the opinion of the Cynon Taf Community Housing Group, consitutes a threat to the community. All such matters will be considered on their individual merit and a decision arrived at accordingly.
How can you apply?
You can apply online here.
If you do not have access to the internet, you can contact the Housing Solutions Team for assistance.
10 - 12 Gelliwastad Road
Telephone: 01443 487997
Fax: 01443 485410
Monday - 9:00am - 5:00pm
What happens after you apply?
If there is any reason that you cannot be considered you will be informed immediately.
Otherwise, your application will be banded and you will be informed of the band and registration date you have been given.
The waiting list
Once your application has been banded the details are entered onto a Waiting List according to the type of housing you need and the area(s) that you requested.