Making a Complaint

Download the Making a Complaint form here

What is a complaint?

A complaint is:
  • An expression of dissatisfaction or concern,
  • either written or spoken,
  • made by one or more members of the public
  • about our action or lack of action
  • or about the standard of service provided
  • which requires a response
In the first instance (Stage 1 complaints)
You can raise your concern or complaint with any member of staff.  He or she will try to resolve it for you there and then. If they can’t help or if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can then make a formal complaint.
Formal Complaints (Stage 2 complaints)
You can contact the Service Improvement Team
By telephone on: 0345 2602633
email or
address a letter to:
Service Improvement Team, 
Cynon Taf Community Housing Group,
Unit 4,
Navigation Park,
Mountain Ash
CF45 4SN
(no stamp required)
What if I need help?
Our staff will aim to help you make your concerns known to us. If you need extra assistance, we will try to put you in touch with someone who can help. You may wish to contact Shelter Cymru or the Citizens Advice Bureau which may be able to assist you.
Dealing with your concern
We will acknowledge your concern within 5 working days.
We will aim to resolve concerns as quickly as possible and expect to deal with the vast majority within 20 working days.
If there is a simple solution to your problem we may ask if you’re happy to accept this. For example where you asked for a service and we see straight away that it should have been provided, we will offer to provide the service rather than investigate and produce a report.
If an investigation is necessary, we will review your complaint and will let you know the outcome. If we find that we got it wrong we will apologise.
Putting things right
If we didn’t provide a service you should have had, we’ll aim to provide it now if that’s possible. If you have lost out as a result of a mistake on our part we’ll try to put you back in the position you would have been in if we’d got it right.
If we do not succeed in resolving your complaint, you may complain to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. The Ombudsman can look into your complaint if you believe that you personally, or the person on whose behalf you are complaining:
  • has been treated unfairly or received a bad service through some failure on the part of the body providing it
  • has been disadvantaged personally by maladministration or service failure.
The Ombudsman expects you to bring your concerns to our attention first and to give us a chance to put things right.  You can contact the Ombudsman by:





By using this site, you accept its use of cookies | Tell me more | I understand & accept, don't display this message again